Hello again Magic: the Gathering fans. The latest set, Journey into Nyx officially 2released on Friday 2nd May, 2014 and the game is ready to evolve and adapt to encompass the 165 new cards. How each game format will change is based almost entirely upon the players themselves as they pick through the new cards to see what will work and what may not. With the first large Magic: the Gathering tournament event, SCG Standard Open Cincinnati taking place over the weekend, many players were looking at the results here to serve as a barometer for how the standard format game was shaping up. The results though do not point to any one particular strategy and we can likely say that the field is still open.
What we here at MTG Mint Card can say is look to our top selling Journey into Nyx cards if you want to attempt a look through the crystal ball and forecast where popular or powerful decklists may be. Here’s a handful of new Journey into Nyx cards which our customers have been eager to snap up –
Mana Confluence, Temple of Malady and Temple of Epiphany – any good decklist starts with a solid mana-base in which to cast spells (the exception of course are those weird decks with no lands). Mana Confluence is a huge hit with any players running more than one color and the two remaining ‘scrylands’ have ‘Golgari’ and ‘Izzet’ players happy as well.
Prophetic Flamespeaker – a 1/3 red three-drop with double strike and trample – yes please. Amazing ability to pull and fling more (burn) spells at your opponent.
Eidolon of Blossoms – a lot of players – and not necessarily standard at looking at this card to compliment existing white and white / green ‘Enchantress’ decks which are always happy to be able to draw an additional card.
Deicide – Lastly, this lovely instant spell. If you thought the pantheon of 15 Theran gods were too powerful, then go packing with this two drop which will not only exile an enchantment but should it be a god card, you can strip your opponents deck right down.
Drop by MTG Mint Card today to pick up some of these best selling Journey into Nyx and of course a huge host of others. Happy deck-brewing!
Filed under: Uncategorized | Leave a Comment
Tags: Journey into Nyx cards, Journey into Nyx gods, Journey into Nyx singles, Journey into Nyx top cards
Hello again Magic: the Gathering fans. The third and last set in Theros Block, Journey into Nyx is finally set to be released this very weekend and as per usual, here at MTG Mint Card we want to do a brief summary of some the very lovely Journey into Nyx Foil Singles. Whether you are a casual card collector or a more serious one wanting to hit that ultimate pinnacle of ‘foiling out’ your Commander (EDH) or Cube build, MTG Mint Card has a large number of foils ready for you. Here are just a few foil cards because of the epic art or potential for inclusion in our deck or collection that are on our radar :
• Launch the Fleet, illustrated by Karl Kopinski – the foil on this art is simply impressive and we think that this card will appeal to just about every constructed format player. The synergy with Battlefield Thaumaturge is just downright crazy and potential in further formats solid.
• Sage of Hours, illustrated by Matt Stewart – the foiling here on the Wizard’s gears in the background is beautiful. There are a few players we know that are picking up this beauty for their Prime Speaker Zegana build where you’ll need more than a bag bull of tokens.
• Hydra Broodmaster, illustrated by Steve Prescott – with the foil highlights on the Hydra’s nested eggs, it just looks like a pot of gold, which the card spell essentially is in most strategies wanting to churn out tokens or an awesome mana-sink.
• Keranos, God of Storms , illustrated by Daarken – the dark stormy sky and the lightning bolt are a perfect canvass for the very cool and subtle foiling. As for the card, there has been about six Izzet Generals / Commanders to date and most have not been all that crazy good. Keranos will now be the Commander of Choice with some very sweet abilities.
Remember to drop by MTG Mint Card soon and check back often as we continually update with fresh stock.
Filed under: Uncategorized | Leave a Comment
Tags: Journey into Nyx cards, Journey into Nyx Foil, Journey into Nyx Foil cards, Journey into Nyx Foils, Journey into Nyx gods
Hello again Magic: the Gathering fans. With all the new cards now revealed for Journey into Nyx, MTG Mint Card has now the complete set loaded up on our page and all singles available now. This set contains a total of 165 cards with a rarity break-down of 10 Mythic Rare, 35 Rare, 60 Uncommon, and 60 Common. Like the two previous sets (Theros and Born of the Gods) in the same block, Journey into Nyx features an ancient Greek Mythology theme and has a strong enchantment motif. Constellation and Strive are newly introduced keyword abilities in this set while Bestow, Scry, Monstrosity, Devotion, Inspired and Heroic return for an appearance from the two previous sets.
New Journey into Nyx cards most anticipated by players are of course the five multi-colored gods (each are mythic rare legendary enchantment creatures) – Athreos, God of Passage, Keranos, God of Storms, Pharika, God of Affliction, Iroas, God of Victory, and Kruphix, God of Horizons. Additionally, many players have been looking forward to finally getting the last two ‘Temple’ Scrylands – ‘Temple of Epiphany ‘ (blue / red) and ‘Temple of Malady’ (black / green).
Here at MTG Mint Card we all have a list of our favorite cards for specific game formats but we can all agree that the following three cards certainly do stand out -
• Ajani, Mentor of Heroes – finally a gree / white Planeswalker. Ajani can pump creatures with hard +1/+1 counters, dig the top of your library for a relevant creature, aura or Planeswalker and the ultimate is a crazy-good 100-point lifegain making it pretty much impossible for your opponent to catch up.
• Athreos, God of Passage – An incredibly inexpensive god card to cast (only 3 mana!) nets you a 5/4 indestructible enchantment creature which becomes animated once your devotion to white and black are seven. This is rather a mute point considering most players will be happy just for the amazing static ability – ‘Whenever another creature you own dies, return it to your hand unless target opponent pays 3 life’. Pure gold.
• Mana Confluence - Land is of equal importance as spells in Magic: the Gathering and being able to fix the correct color of mana in a multi-colored deck is critical. Mana Confluence requires just one life to tap for any color of mana making this card a player favorite.
Click on over to MTG Mint Card to check out the best prices around for Journey into Nyx.
Filed under: Journey into Nyx | Leave a Comment
Tags: Athreos, God of Passage, Journey into Nyx cards, Journey into Nyx gods, Journey into Nyx sets, Journey into Nyx singles, Mana Confluence, Temple of Epiphany, Temple of Malady
Hello again Magic: the Gathering fans. Here at MTG Mint Card we are celebrating the arrival of spring with a truly amazing promotion for all our customers. All you need is a web browser and have an account with us. Here are the details -
Staff here have been busy hiding a truck-load of Easter Eggs all over the MTG Mint Card website. Inside each one of the Easter Eggs is a prize – crack the Easter Egg and discover how much store credit there is. There are a variety of store credit prizes hidden within the Easter Eggs – up to ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($ 100 !!). To claim your Easter Egg store credit prize, simply share your find on FaceBook with the handy link provided in the egg and we’ll get that prize credit straight on to your account.
We don’t want to boast, but we think that our hidden Easter Eggs here at MTG Mint Card are a lot better than the more traditional chocolate / candy eggs that you may be more familiar with. Drop on over to MTG Mint Card, sign in and start hunting - Good Luck !
Terms and conditions
- The maximum value of each easter egg would be $100 only.
- Each egg must be discovered one by one.
- The cash credit cannot be exchanged for cash nor given for unused amount.
- MTG Mint Card reserves the right of the final decision.
Filed under: Uncategorized | Leave a Comment
Tags: amazing egg hunt, Easter, Easter Egg hunt, Easter Egg hunt Campaign, Egg hunt, Egg hunt Campaign, egg hunt prize, Magic Egg Hunt, magic the gathering
Hello again Magic: the Gathering fans. Most players we know have an impressive arsenal of cards collected, sometimes of the course of years. Here at MTG Mint Card, we want to help you get your collection off with a bang. Whether you have been collecting for as long as you remember or are just starting we suggest you check out the benefits of ordering a Magic the Gathering JUMP START COLLECTION of assorted card lots from MTG Mint Card. Here’s the nitty-gritty for you –
Pop on over to the Jump Start Card Lot Series page we’ve set up for you and review the option just right for your collection size and budget. All cards are in English, are black-bordered, and are in mint / near-mint condition. By way of example, here are some of the many options –
800 MTG card lot with Rares Jump Start Collection for ONLY $19.99
• Includes around 20 rare cards
• Booster like Rarity ratio with Rare, Uncommon, Common and Basic Land
• Good mix of common and uncommon cards
500 MTG card lot with Rares + Foils Jump Start Collection for ONLY $15.24
• Includes around 15 rare cards, 2 foil rare cards, 2 foil uncommon cards, 2 foil common cards
• A very good mix of common and uncommon cards
400 MTG card lot of Uncommon Cards Jump Start Collection for ONLY $15.99
• includes only uncommon rarity cards
Whatever your particular requirements, we have the right solution with over 49 different card lot options for you. Drop by MTG Mint Card today and get a jump start on your Magic: the Gathering collection.
Filed under: Uncategorized | Leave a Comment
Tags: April Amazing Offers, April special Offers, Jump Start Collection, magic card, Magic card lot, magic the gathering, MTG card lot, Uncommon Cards Jump Start Collection
Hello again Magic: the Gathering fans. This week marked the beginning of Journey into Nyx official previews and will culminate with the final release on the 2nd May, 2014. MTG Mint Card will be continually updating our page over the next two weeks until the very last card is posted for pre-order. Like the two previous sets in Theros block, Journey into Nyx continues with an ancient Greek mythology theme – gods, monsters, and heroes.
Continuing with previous mechanics / abilities from Theros and Born of the Gods, you can expect a return of Devotion, Scry, Heroic, Bestow and a number of enchantment creatures that consolidates the ‘enchantments matter’ design. There will be two new mechanics to look forward to as well – ‘Constellation’ and ‘Strive’. Very simply put, spell with a ‘Strive’ ability lets you pump more mana into it to increase the number of targets, while an enchantment’s ‘Constellation’ ability triggers an effect every time it or another enchantment enters the battlefield under your control.
Let’s have a look at a few Journey into Nyx cards which caught our attention here at MTG Mint Card -
The Gods – There are five new multicolored mythic rare legendary enchantment creatures that each embody one of the lesser gods of Theros:
• Athreos, God of Passage (black / white)
• Keranos, God of Storms (blue / red)
• Pharika, God of Affliction (black / green)
• Iroas, God of Victory(red / white)
• Kruphix, God of Horizons (blue / green)
If you are looking to get into the game, one of the best places to start is modifying one of the Journey into Nyx Intropacks. There are the five intro packs, one for each color, for Journey into Nyx, and many players simply double up on the intro pack promo card to make a stronger deck. Here are the five new cards now -
• Dawnbringer Charioteers (white)
• Scourge of Fleets (blue)
• Doomwake Giant (black)
• Spawn of Thraxes (red)
• Heroes’ Bane (green)
Drop by MTG Mint Card today and get your Journey into Nyx pre-orders in.
Filed under: Journey into Nyx, Magic the Gathering, News | Leave a Comment
Tags: God of Storms, godsend, Iroas God of Victory, Journey into Nyx, Journey into Nyx cards, Journey into Nyx magic, Journey into Nyx preorder, Journey into Nyx spoiler, Journey into Nyx spoilers, Keranos, Kruphix God of Horizons, magic jou, mtgjou
Hello again Magic: the Gathering fans. Journey into Nyx, the third and final set in Theros block is the epic conclusion of this Greek mythology themed block. Given the two previous sets, you can expect all manner of exciting powerful and flavorful cards to rock your game table. Here at MTG Mint Card, we’ve been busy with advance planning on this set release roll-out scheduled for the 2nd May, 2014. As we anticipate a lot of gamers wanting to get on in with this set, we’ve run a pre-order special where you can save a lot up front and avoid the possible hassle of last minute ordering.
MTG Mint Card’s Early Bird Special is coming to an end rather soon though. For a limited time only, you can pre-order assorted lots of Journey into Nyx English and Chinese language singles and save big. Here are the details now -
• Journey into Nyx Complete Set without Mythics x4
Four of each Rare, Uncommon and Common or 620* cards – SAVE 6%
• Journey into Nyx Complete Set without Mythics
One of each Rare, Uncommon and Common or 155* cards – SAVE 9%
• Journey into Nyx Uncommon and Common Set x4
Four of each Uncommon and Common or 480* cards – SAVE 25%
Journey into Nyx has been confirmed to contain 165 cards, and based on the previous set, we can make an educated guess that the rarity breakdown would likely be 60 Common, 60 Uncommon, 35 Rare, 10 Mythic Rare.
Pre-ordering an assorted card lot is by far the most effective way to ensure you get all the new cards you’re after. Tearing through a full booster box and realizing you are still missing a key card definitely demonstrates the definition of random and certainly isn’t cool from a collector’s viewpoint. To show our appreciation for pre-ordering any of the Journey to Nyx bulk card lots early, we here at MTG Mint Card will send you, at no charge, a FREE set of five 20-sided dice. Remember, don’t wait long as this is a limited time offer.
Filed under: Early Bird Special Offer, Journey into Nyx | Leave a Comment
Tags: JOU complete set, JOU Set, Journey into Nyx, Journey into Nyx card, Journey into Nyx complete sets, Journey into Nyx sets, Journey into Nyx singles, Journey into Nyx spoiler, MTG Journey into Nyx, mtgjou